Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm bored...and May 15th Verse

I'm not bored, but this is the lament I am currently hearing from an unnamed boy, who, though the floor of his room is covered with more Legos than is imaginable, still cannot find ANYTHING. TO. DO.  Another boy, in a sudden onset of musical inspiration, is strolling through the house strumming on a guitar like ye old minstrels of yesteryear.

And happy rainy Saturday to y'all too.  Chores, I tell ya...that's what we need...chores!

And suddenly...all is quiet.  It's amazing at the stillness that ensues when the "ch" word is mentioned.

So while it's quiet for a minute, and before I go get started on some of my own chores, I'll post my verses for this time.  I'm still doing Beth Moore's Breaking Free study so am working my way through the memory verses for that.

Isaiah 61:2-3, "to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.  They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of His splendor."

Aaaaand they're back.  "Is there anything I can do besides work?"

Gee, I wonder how he is at changing water filters.

I hope y'all have a great rest of the month enjoying all the hustle and bustle that is the end of the school year.  Don't forget to post your verse!

4 comments:

  1. Romans 8:6 NAS
    ...the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 139:10
    "even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy:16-17

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
    Gal. 5:1
    -Paula

    ReplyDelete