Tuesday, June 1, 2010

11th Verse (June 1st)

The boys and I ventured out to the zoo on Friday.  All I can say is...it was haaawwwt.  And not in a Paris Hilton-way either.  But it was fun to be out with my guys.  We're looking forward to going back.  In January.

This is our last week of afternoon swim team practice.  Next week we'll get to experience the joy that is getting to the swimming pool at 8am.  We had a "mock meet" last week, which was really good for swim team newbies like us.  And I have to say that Michael was really cute in his "shark" swim cap, complete with little gray fin sticking up on top and grinning teeth along the sides.

It's been good getting to meet some of my neighbors.  I guess it's about time I got out of the little hermit hole that is my house and joined my community.  And, guess who's one of the moms helping with the concession stand and end-of-the-season party?  Do you think they pegged that one or what?  Cause y'all know I like to plan me some parties.

I think people underestimate the power of helping out.  At its most basic, jobs have to be done or swim teams, Cub Scouts, you-name-it, can't run.  But it's also a great way to get to know people and creates a sense of ownership and belonging.  Sure, there are seasons in life when that's difficult to do and sometimes we need to just be able to drop off...but I'm learning that community won't come knocking on my door.  We have to do our part.

All right - here are my verses...still from the Breaking Free study.  We're just over halfway through.

Isaiah 46:9 NIV, "Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me."

Isaiah 54:10 NIV, "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you."

I'd love to see your verses.  Hang in there, you can do this; and if you haven't posted in a while, but would like to, feel free!

7 comments:

  1. Here it is. I don't feel very knowledgeable, wise or victorious at the moment, but maybe my time will come!
    Tiiired, so tiiired...

    Proverbs 2:6-8 For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will copy yours Andy-as it is very appropriate right now.

    Isaiah 54:10 NIV, "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it appears I will be teaching on Luke 12:32 later this month. Guess I better be working on that one.

    Do not be seized with alarm and struck with fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

    Wow, I love the Amplifed version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared IN ADVANCE for us to do. Ephesians 2:8-10 NIV

    ReplyDelete
  5. I John 3:1
    How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Col. 3:17
    Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
    -Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Psalm 139:11
    If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"

    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete