Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm tired...and June 15th Verse (#12)

My elaborately planned and thought out post for today consists of the following:
  • stating how incredibly tired I am tonight,
  • posting my verses,
  • and did I mention that I'm stinkin' pooped tonight?
I guess hauling all the drinks for the swim team concession stand last night, VBS this morning, and cooking and cleaning up associated cooking detritus is taking it out of me today.  The boys continue to be shocked that, on many days, three squares sometimes equals three dishwasher loads.

I've tried to convince them that we could reduce our dish and utensil usage by not eating, but they don't seem interested in that option.

Here are my verses:
Isaiah 26:3 NIV, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You."

Isaiah 54:17 NIV, "No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD."

Oh, I love those.  There is nothing like His Word to fix what ails ya.

7 comments:

  1. thanks Andy..i appreciate your focus even in the midst of 'pooped-ness'. Isaiah 26:3-4 has been a 'life verse' for me since my early Christian walk.

    love you,
    lesli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, funny! I'm pretty pooped m'self. Scout Day Camp today. Thankfully, my hubby's home AND is in an industrious mood, which is good. I think I hear toys going into bins upstairs! I'm a slacker, so I'm still memorizing my verse from two weeks ago. I'll use my usual, "it's a long verse" excuse: Proverbs 2:6-8 For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. WHOO HOO! I LOVE THIS ONE! GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands. Exodus 20:6 NLT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psalm 139:12
    "even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again I am behind. At least I know why this time. Back to back camps left me drained. I have been enjoying a slower pace this week and catching up on all kinds of stuff.

    My June 15th verse -

    Hosea 12;6
    But you must return to your God, maintain love and justice, and wait for your God ALWAYS.(emphasis is mine!)

    ReplyDelete