Friday, October 1, 2010

In the wee small hours....(Oct 1st - Verse 19)

when the whole wide world is fast asleep....

Two boys lie awake insisting that they can't go to back to sleep.  And I, envisioning the crankiness that is two boys who have been awake since 3 AM, is equally insistent that they must.  But now, it is quiet, so hopefully the "just-lay-there-with-your-eyes-closed-and-don't-talk-to-each-other" approach worked.

It did not work for me, however.  But, as an adult, I can use the "all the caffeine I can injest" approach to the day.  Which hopefully will be especially effective since I haven't had caffeine in about 5 weeks.  (But who's keeping track?)  (And chocolate doesn't count.)  And since since the day involves me leaving the house at noon (at which point one of my fellow escapees will be tapping her toe at my front door) and not returning until Sunday, and I can sleep late all weekend if I want to, I may just do that.  Woohoo!

I am so thankful for Jack's willingness to hold down the fort.  He is such a good sport to bless me with this time away and I am grateful.  For him and the R&R.

I've been cooking like a fiend all week in anticipation of being gone.  Because while Jack has many skills, culinary abilities are not among them.  If he had his way, everyone would eat Raisin Bran all weekend.  Hence, the cooking.  So, in a few minutes I'll finish here, hit the shower, and then the kitchen, for my last bit of feeding the brood and prepping before I head out.  And again I say...woohoo!

On another, somewhat verse-related note, I've been reminding the boys lately that their words have power.  (And I'm sure there's no correlation whatsoever between what I hear from my boys' mouths and what comes out of my own.  Uh, uh, no way....)  So, we're trying to cut back on the complaining and the "I can'ts", and take seriously the creative power of our words.  So for this time, I'll be working on Isaiah 55:11 from the NKJ.

"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

So with that I'll say adios, and this is the day the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it!  Talk to you in a couple of weeks.

And post a verse!

3 comments:

  1. Belssings my sista;

    I'm copy yours today.We are in need of changing our words for more positives so this verse just did it for me this morning.Thank you and have fun this weekend.

    Isaiah 55:11 from the NKJ.
    "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

    Marilisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 139:19
    "If only You would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!"

    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready this month!

    Romans 8:9
    You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature, but by the Spirit, if the spirit of God lives in you.

    ReplyDelete