Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm so glad we had this time together...Verse 24

Anybody else remember the Carol Burnett show?  That was some funny tv....

But I'm not here today to talk about vintage television variety shows (Sonny and Cher, Donny and Marie - yes, I was a child of 70's tv).  This is our FINAL Scripture memory post of 2010.  I've enjoyed this little blogging journey with you all; thanks for hanging in there with me.  Back by popular demand, on January 1st, Beth Moore will be starting up the Siesta Scripture Memory Team on her blog (woohoo!).  If you are interested in continuing to memorize the Word, and like a little accountability (and who doesn't need that?), you can read about it here.

It's been a good year. I haven't accomplished all I hoped to, but there's been some needed peace and joy this year. God is so good. Better than He has to be, as our BFF Beth often says.


My final verse from last year, 2009, was Psalm 126:5-6 NIV, "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.  He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him."  There is a load of promise in that verse.  I wept a lot in 2009, and needed to prophetically declare that joy was coming. 

So here's my final verse for 2010.
Psalm 30: 11-12, NIV, "You turned my wailing into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give You thanks forever."

Only He can turn seed to sheaves, sackcloth to joy, wailing to dancing....  Declare it over yourselves today.  And, while you're at it, have a Merry Christmas.

Much love to you all,
Andrea

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Andrea - it's been fun!!!

    Psalm 139:24

    "See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

    - Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for challenging the rest of us to do something that really matters! I've loved reading your blogging... The one about your very creative sister was especially meaningful to me. ;)
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like yours so much, here's mine" Thank you, dear sister-in-love for a wonderful year of memorizing and the challenge to do so!

    Psalm 30: 11-12, NIV, "You turned my wailing into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give You thanks forever."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea,
    This is an interesting adventure! It reminds me of something Melinda would do. I loved "hearing" your voice in your writing. I read about table decorations and a bit about meeting Beth Moore. I clicked on a link to learn what a siesta is. I read a few comments, too. I liked the sense of community.

    You rock, Girl.
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete