Wednesday, December 1, 2010

You look mahvelous, dahling....and Dec.1st verse (No. 23)

But you feel like crud.  It's legit...you've got a cold.  Something you ate didn't agree with you.  PMS...ugh.

Or, maybe you had a rough day.  Someone hurt you.  Or, even worse, someone hurt you on purpose.  Ick.

You look marvelous; you just don't feel it.

But what's really rotten is when you don't feel marvelous because you messed up.  You were rotten and lousy, and it was all you, babe.  There is no one else to blame it on.

Bring on the uglies.  The "you always", "you messed up", "you're such a loser", the "when will you ever learn?".

I'm so glad God doesn't say those things to us.  He says, "You had a less-than-marvelous moment, which is so unlike you, for you look marvelous".  (But without the Billy-Crystal-as-Nando-accent.)

I don't know if you needed to be reminded of that today, but HE thinks you're marvelous.  As a matter of fact, you're the apple of His eye.  His favorite, even!

Psalm 30:8-10, NIV
To You, O LORD, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy:  "What gain is there in my destruction, in my going down into the pit?  Will the dust praise You?  Will it proclaim Your faithfulness?  Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me; O LORD, be my help."

Have a great week everyone; I'll "see" you on the 15th.

3 comments:

  1. Isaiah 26:3

    You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

    marilisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 139:23

    "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts."

    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Andrea - I really like that verse!

    I picked this one

    I Corinthians 2:9-10

    but just as it is written,
    Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him.

    For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.

    I think I will be working on this all month. There is alot to meditate on there.

    ReplyDelete