Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu Plan Monday...or there's a first time for everything

I've often said that menu planning would make my life easier.  I know it's a great tool, simplifies my week, prevents those last minute grocery store runs and a myriad of other benefits.  However, I never do it.  (Sort of like exercise....)

But as today, right now, this very minute, yes, today, my friends, I will menu plan.  (Or at least for this week....)

So what will the Jones family be partaking of these next few days?

Monday:  Roast w/carrots and herb roasted sweet potatoes (and for those of you, like me, who don't like sweet potatoes...well, even I like these).

Tuesday:  Homemade pizza and Cauliflower pizza for my special diet guy

Wednesday:  Roasted chicken and a veggie

Thursday:  Meatloaf w/herb roasted sweet potatoes (yes, again...we eat a lot of sweet potatoes)

Friday:  Homemade Taco Soup

We eat the same breakfast everyday:  Yard eggs (no, not my yard) either scrambled in plenty of organic ghee with ground turkey or fried eggs with homemade turkey sausage.  The two non-diet boys get sprouted wheat toast; the other gets sweet potato pancakes.

Lunch is usually organic, grass fed beef hamburger patties w/baby carrots or soup or leftovers....

There you have it.  I'm sure my family will be thrilled!

I'm linking this post to Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting to menu plan! :) I find it makes life a lot easier. Sounds like a tasty week too - I love sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY! I savored each word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're blogging! I loved reading this, and seeing all the great food you prepare. I've gotten pretty lazy about menu planning. I think this will spur me on! I need to get that sweet potato recipe from you.

    ReplyDelete