Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I felt the earth move...

under my feet...

Did y'all feel it?  It was the thunderous shock of me not turning on the computer ALL. DAY. LONG.  I'm sure there was lightning somewhere as well.

Yes, it was an exercise in restraint.  Self-control.  Minimizing distractions, if you will.  My family was stunned.

I make no promises for the morrow...for I know not what the morrow brings.  All I know is, for today, it was necessary to keep this magnetic techno-monster at bay.

The last week or so has been a little, well, melancholy, for me.  Lots of introspection.  (Yuck.)  Lots of self-examination.  (Yuckier.)  And loads of internal criticism - with a side of condemnation, and a little bit of dread on top.  I wish I could blame PMS....

This is my SSMT verse this go round:
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You.  For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround her as with a shield.  Psalm 5:11-12 NKJV


He defends me.  His favor is a shield, protecting me not only from the arrows of the enemy who seeks to steal, kill and destroy, but from the inner voice that can be far harsher, uglier, and more critical than it should be.  Please don't misunderstand.  I'm not excusing my mistakes.  I make plenty of them.  Regularly.  But much of the time, I am my own worst enemy.  On so many levels.  Maybe you can relate.

So when thoughts of self-condemnation rain down upon me, He puts up a shield.  To protect me from me.  Now that's some favor.

Oh, for grace to love Him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment