Monday, February 7, 2011

What's It Gonna Bee? A He or a She?

And no, it is not myself I allude to.

But it is my "baby" brother and his sweet wife.

(Insert picture swiped from FB of my handsome brother and his could-practically-be-a-supermodel-if-she-weren't-so-petite wife.)



And when they got married, because they are a contemporary and fashionable couple, they thought it'd be fun to go with one of those new-fangled destination weddings.  Cool.  Trendy. Happening.  With-it, if you will.

You know, like us.

With our 3-month old.  And a 5- and 7-year old.  And a just-possibly-still-a-wee-bit-post-partum mom, who had a few weeks prior, started a brutal diet and exercise program.  (And, no, I am not exaggerating.) (Really.)  (That'll have to be another post someday.)  (I know - you can't wait.)

Of course, we went.  Because how often does your brother get married on a pristine beach with crystal clear water?  "It'll be fun," the JPSAWBPP mom said.  International glamour.  Tropical ease.  (Or so the tourism website promised.)

So we loaded up the truck and we moved to Beverly...oh wait, wrong story.  But it wasn't far off.  We were, for all intents and purposes, "The Beverly Hillbillies Go To The Bahamas."  But without the rocking chair.  I am (again) not exaggerating when I tell you that we schlepped THIRTEEN, yes, THIRTEEN duffle bags through parking lots, terminals of major airports, customs and into taxis because we are, indeed, urbane and sophisticated world travelers.

We swam with the dolphins.  We snorkled in the crystal clear water.  We dove for rocks and coral.  (And, let me be clear that by "we", I mean the man and the boys.)  The JPSAWBPP mom hung out with a precious 3-month old who needed a t-shirt that said, "My parents took me to the Bahamas and I cried the whole time."

But the wedding was beautiful.  The beaches were beautiful.  The bride was beautiful.  (And, of course, it goes without saying that the two ring bearers were adorable.)

And now...fast forward five years.

She's still beautiful.  And now she's expecting.

We had a little family "reveal" party yesterday.  I made my first, and possibly last, pinata.



















And there were diaper cupcakes, but I forgot to take pictures.  They were cute though.  I got the idea here, if you get the urge to make some.  I used newborn size, but if I were doing them again I'd use size 1.

So, what's it gonna bee?  A he or a she?

Well.......

It's a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment