Saturday, February 12, 2011

This is the day, this is the day...

All together now...
"that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made..."

Michael's favorite song, the oh-oh-oh song (otherwise known as "Today Is The Day" by Lincoln Brewster) cycled through the iPod earlier today, requiring him to turn it up full throttle, and then lather, rinse, repeat, oh, say three or eight times, until an older brother came downstairs to proclaim its unnecessary loudness.

To which I say with gusto,
"HA, tweener!  If it's too loud, you're too old."

(Although, in all honesty, who can blame him?  I've been known to throw a flag on the field for unnecessary loudness a time or two myself.)

Believing that all You have in store for me is good.

One of my favorite lines.  All.  My mess-ups, botches, mistakes and failures, even when I knew/know better (ouch), He'll use for my good.  Isn't that something?  I'm so grateful.

This song actually reminds me of a much older "contemporary Christian" chorus, closely titled, "This is the day".  If you were raised in church in the 70s you may have sung it.  In fact, we still sing it around here with Jack as our chief chorus leader because he's, well, chipper, like that.  And while it'll never win any acclaims for its musicality (it hearkens, after all, from one of ugliest fashion decades known to mankind), it's a good message.  Just like Lincoln's version.  Which is definitely more fun to listen to.


No comments:

Post a Comment